October 20, 2006

The Power of

Till this day I still am baffled by the hold love can have on someone. I took one look into the eyes of this sad, amazingly handsome young man, and I was totally hooked. I never believed in love at first sight, I actually never gave it any thought what so ever. But here I was, looking into those eyes and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was looking into the eyes of the man I would marry. It was that clear to me. I sat and talked to him for hours that night, in one of LA's hottest private clubs, we may as well have been alone, I never noticed anyone but him. He told me his entire sad story of how devestated he was at the divorce he was getting. He told me about the abortion his wife had and how heartbroken he was by everything. I was smitten. He was the saddest man I had ever met, it made him all the more attractive to me. His honesty and vulnerability was seductive. That night ended with him giving me his business card. So clear was my intuition that I went and told my friends what had just happened to me. I met a man I was going to marry. It didn't seem to matter that I was in a relationship at the time. I wasn't happy in that relationship and wanted out. In fact that was the first night I ever went out with any of my friends. I was finished. I had to believe it was divine intervention. I was being led down a road on an incredible journey. One that I could never have dreamed up. I would be loved, adored and betrayed on so many levels on so many occassions, but the power of love has kept that flame burning. Don't ask me why. I can't even explain it.

No comments: